Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Mind Tools and Vampire Thoughts

As the energies build, it's helpful to have some spiritual focus to get your balance back. What can be easily triggered at this time are something I call Vampire Thoughts.  If anyone has read Salem's Lot by Stephen King, these thoughts work the same way as those vampires -- and can be just as scary and overpowering.  Give the thought any attention (make eye contact) and it has you.  You'll believe it - it will become real for you.  
During times of mental change and acceleration (now), it's important not to engage in old habitual thinking patterns.  Vampire Thoughts are harder because they activate the ego/emotional pain body, increasing the possibility of repeating the past and/or reacting instead of responding. 
Mind Tools give you the ability to work with thoughts and situations that can be difficult or have no immediate resolution.  These, from A Course in Miracles, are my anchor.  Read them carefully for understanding.  Used consciously, they are very effective.  The first is used at any sign of fear.  The second, when working with something you don't know how to.  The third is amazing for situations that are fearful or disturbing and seem to have no resolution.
Once you are aware of an influence, whether an internal thought or an outer event that's triggered something, use one (or all) of these.  Consciously allowing the energy/sensation of the emotion to simply be there, without interpretation or resistance, is a necessary part of using the Mind Tool.  
The ego will tell you how important it is to engage in and think about what's bubbling up or occurring.  This is how you decipher where the thoughts are coming from.  Thoughts from the ego will be painful, triggering fear, discomfort, anger, resentment, etc.  Thoughts from whatever God is - through our higher Mind, will come with a sense of peace and well-being.  Using these Mind Tools will bring you back to peace -- ever so gently. 
I am willing to release the fear.  Please correct my perception.
I do not know what anything means, including this.  Therefore, I don’t know how to respond.  And I will not use my own past learning as the light to guide me now.  Everything I know I do not want.  I ask to be taught.
Take this from me and look upon it, judging it for me.  Let me not see it as a sign of sin and death or use it as an obstacle to peace, but let You use it for me to facilitate its coming.
After using, consciously change your focus to what's there for you to do in the moment. You've given it over and thinking about it further will block the requested assistance.  This part is not always effortless, but be persistent until you refocus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment